Do you love live music? Do you love making money? We operate some of the most historic music venues in Indianapolis where party people come for an awe-inspiring musical experience and limitless possibilities. We are a passionate team that is building upon our history and taking the Indy music experience to the next level! We want you to be part of our journey!
- Welcome each guest with warmth and personality
- Communicate with guests using clear and enthusiastic words, tone, and body language
- Present beverage menus, make recommendations and answer questions regarding menu items
- Accurately and immediately record and ring in beverage orders into Toast
- Deliver beverage orders to the guest immediately
- Stay appropriately engaged in the experience. Ensure guests are satisfied with the beverage service. Respond promptly and courteously to any requests.
- Monitor and ensure that no guest receives more than the allowed amount of alcohol.
- Serve alcohol responsibly. Should a guest reach the state where the server does not feel the guest should drive, speak up! Do not hesitate to ask management intervention when necessary.
- Obey and follow all liquor laws and card anyone that looks under the age of 40.
- Prepare final bill, present check to guest, accept and process payment, and provide change if applicable.
- Maintain cleanliness in all areas of the server stations including counters, utensils, shelves, and storage areas.
- Be ready and willing to assist fellow servers as situations arise. Team Service oriented.
- Complete open and close duties.
- Report all equipment and bar maintenance issues to managers.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested by the General Manager and Bar Manager.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and maintain a positive attitude with a pleasant demeanor.
- Be a team player. Support and be supported by your co-workers.
Server Job Requirements
- Minimum 1 year of Serving experience. (Speed bar experience preferred.)
- Understand federal, state, and local liquor laws.
- Must obtain, maintain, and keep on hand a current ATC license.
- Must provide Serv Safe Liquor Certification.
- Must have completed alcohol service training.
Server Work Environment/General Physical Requirements (subject to reasonable accommodations if warranted)
- Ability to communicate clearly with managers and staff.
- Frequent bending, stooping, reaching above shoulder level, and lifting/carrying up to 25 pounds
- Standing for long periods (up to 9 hours).
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on the venues’ requirements. Will require weekend, evening, and some holidays.
- Must maintain regular attendance.
What We Value
We are building the most unique collection of music properties in the industry, anchored around the historic The Vogue Theatre located in Broad Ripple Village in Indianapolis. Our ambition is high and we constantly challenge ourselves to push boundaries, defy conventional wisdom, and take smart risks by pursuing big opportunities. We are growth-minded and work at a very fast-pace. We demand the best from ourselves, our team, and our partners. We create the context for success by providing the appropriate resources, infrastructure, and mentorship required to win. Forty5 is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.